Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thank you for the music...

As I look back over the years, many musical inspirations have been the result of various peoples’ influence – sometimes it was the sheer passion with which they spoke of an artiste and his/her works, sometimes it was the stumble-upon kind of discovery…whichever way, these people led to my discovering or re-discovering several great works that eventually came to be a part of my little repertoire of pet passions. So, here I am today, thanking each one of them (as far as I can remember) for having done so – consciously or not. Ona strictly top-of-mind basis, these are some significant influences/influencers:
  1. Simon ‘n’ Garfunkel – D.I.
  2. Pearl Jam – A.S.
  3. Embrace – B.H.
  4. Indigo Girls – P.S.
  5. Bob Dylan and Pink Floyd – J.A.S.
  6. Leonard Cohen – S.D.
  7. Counting Crows and Coldplay – T.T.
  8. Alms for Shanti, Fuzon – K.M.
  9. Shakti and Indian Ocean – M.M.
  10. Mrigya – Mezz
  11. Cake and Josh Ritter – R.M.
  12. The Kinks and The Pretenders – G.C.
  13. Keane – A.A.
  14. Bob Marley – R.S.

Will update this list as and when I remember more.

And thank y'all – from the bottom of my toes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jabberwock said...

JAS jaisa koi nahin!

29 June, 2006 22:04  
Blogger illusions said...

Pleasure

02 July, 2006 11:12  
Blogger Straight Curves said...

Jab: indeed... :P

Illusions: yeh toh aapka badhappan hai! :D

03 July, 2006 15:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home