Sunday, February 19, 2006

ground zenith - II - all about pubs

First up - all in all we went to 4 pubs that night!

# 1 was more like a pit stop for a couple of drinks before we carried on with the walking 'tour'didn't take no pictures there and its was like a narrow little crowded place with Shakira playing and the Winter Olympics on. Unbeatable combination that.

# 2 was my favourite stop that night - Back Fence, Greenwich Village.



Now, just the fact that we were in THE Greenwich Village had me going. I mean, I was maybe walking where Mr Zimmerman had or even other great musicians, and so, when my friends told me about this place playing live music - I felt like maybe just maybe I was going to be in the resence of my next potential favourite band or something. Truth be told that did not happen coz the band in question was ike 40-something and playing the strictly popular numbers by the Simon and Garfunkel's, John Denver, Lynnyrd Skynyrd, etc. Oh and they did sing 'Like a Rolling Stone' too... :)

What they taught me was how one can be so happy doing the thing you really love doing - obviously these guys were not looking to make it big ot anything and had probably been playing in this little place for the last decade or so (my friends who visit the place regularly vouched for their having been there for at least that time) - what a pleasure it must be to be able to do this.

# 3 was called Senor Swanky's and turned out to be a stopover of sorts too while we grouped (more friends joined in) and we decide where we would head for the rest of the night. The decision was practicaly unanimous - a karaoke bar was to be our next destination!

Whack event of the night: We stopped a limo and took a lift in it to Muse! here's a glimpse of our smug selves in the limo.





# 4 - the Karaoke Bar - Muse,



Now, I have never been to a Karaoke place ever before and so, I didn't quite know what to expect. Plus, the last time I ever did some (aesthetic and publically acceptable) singing was like in school and college and when I didn't used to smoke! But, as is alcohol's wont - things rock and so do usedto-wannabe singers like me! I think I sounded like I have an alternate career all lined up!



and DO me a favour and DON'T ask me about what my head felt like the next morning...err... make that all day.

coming up next - the snowwwww!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

smita chowdhury, I am proud of you!

20 February, 2006 06:15  
Blogger Straight Curves said...

huh??

and who are you(s?)??

20 February, 2006 08:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home