Monday, February 28, 2005

Mute Elation/In Memoriam

Its finally here. - The date we move out of my beloved D190

...and I am really, really sad about it. ...Where to?...well whereever, really (as in, the move 'to' isn't important, the move 'from' is far and tremendously more) So, coming back to D190 (alas, now, but a distant dream even in rhetoric) - this is the place that has been the mute witness to everything (and I mean EVERYthing) that has been in and around me the past 2 years now - from budding friendships to sodding projects...and everything in between. Sometimes its been the home (literally, btw) away from home while at others its felt like anything BUT...It has offered me great many moments of solitude (that in turn led to many a 'Soliloquy') of great group gathering-y thingies, and most importantly of personal bonding(s)...I could just go on... (and be-LIEVE me, I could...)

So, who's elated you ask? - well, I'm sure whoever is moving in to the building will be sure to...

Dear discerning reader,

If you didn't know by now, the more emotionally charged the occasion, the more ramble-y I get...just thought I'd let you know... and no, Jai, I am not drunk! :P

Thank you,
SC

5 Comments:

Blogger illusions said...

We know you could go on rambling,
better you accept the inevitable change, and stop rambling or pondering about some memories realated to some building in some remote part of Okhla...

Seriously!

28 February, 2005 17:14  
Blogger Jabberwock said...

Discerning readers visit your site?!
But yes, I'm getting more and more preoccupied myself somehow with the idea of physical spaces that have been witness to important/defining moments in one's life - and how, when you leave them for good, you leave a part of yourself behind. It can be a heartbreakingly sad topic, which is why I've avoided blogging about it. But recent events in my life have caused me to think about it a lot.

01 March, 2005 09:30  
Blogger Straight Curves said...

sure.

Meanwhile, you concentrate on getting familiar with the bylanes of remote parts of Gurgaon! :P

there! there! GOOD boy!

01 March, 2005 09:32  
Blogger Straight Curves said...

(that one was for illusions)

01 March, 2005 09:34  
Blogger Straight Curves said...

what up, Jai? as in, which physical space is giving you trouble now? ...or is that how you refer to your fellow human beings now...ulp

01 March, 2005 09:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home